You’re The Best Person To Call Bullsh*t On All That Anxiety Advice
September 10, 2022
If you are struggling with ....well, anything....it's natural you'll want some help from those who think they can provide it. Yay for helpful things!
Guess what, though? You have your own internal bullshit detector which can sniff out the things which aren't helpful for you, and can guide you toward a more peaceful experience of life.
(But don't take my word for it, eh?)
Come and explore:
- Why - of course! - we seek help from others when we feel rubbish or think we have a problem
- How others try to help us and why blinding following their advice isn't always the best thing for us
- How 'helping ourselves' is actually easier than we think
- How to seek guidance while also feeling confident to call bullshit on the stuff which doesn't resonate with you
- Anxious Alice has a great example of 'expert help' which didn't ring true for her
- Am I allowed to put 'bullshit' in the title without an asterisk? What's the rule? Lemme know
- The next hangout is on 28th September! Coming? Pop your name onto my friends list at siobhanfriel.com/subscribe or get the details from https://siobhanfriel.com/hangout/
Question, comment, idea, anything else? Contact me here.